Thursday, April 21, 2011

Translation of the poem "jab ham ne zindagi ki gineen rahaten tamam" of Muslim Saleem by Dr. Shahzad Rizvi


Translation of the poem "jab ham ne zindagi ki gineen rahaten tamam"  of  Muslim Saleem by  Dr. Shahzad Rizvi

When we counted all the comforts of life
Years and years became concentrated in just a few moments
It seems a huge tree even now
Though the ravages of time have destroyed all its roots
It felt always as if the awaited one will come to me
But the echo of the footsteps turned away as it got  near me
 


I and the courage to protest - never - never
My veins suddenly began  to shout
When I broke all the limits spontaneously
Then I realized this is exactly what she wanted
I went around hiding my pain from the world
But my tossing and turning left its mark on the bed

No comments: